Role: Senior project manager on flagship fiduciary duty programme.
Location: London or Geneva.
The successful candidate is responsible for their own visa (if London).
Duration: Full time, until 31 December 2018.
Start date: ASAP
Remuneration: Up to £4,000 per month / £48,000 per year. USD/CHF adjusted if Geneva.
The type of contract is self-employed consultant and not subject to UN employee benefits.
Closing date for applications: 19 April 2017
PRI and UNEP FI are looking for an experienced project manager with at least 7 years’ professional experience to support our flagship fiduciary duty programme.
In 2015, PRI and UNEP FI published Fiduciary Duty in the 21st Century. The report argued that failing to consider ESG issues in investment practice is a failure of fiduciary duty.
Following the publication of the report, PRI, UNEP FI and The Generation Foundation launched a three year work programme to implement the report’s recommendations. The project team has extended the analysis of Fiduciary Duty in the 21st Century to six Asian markets, published a statement supported by the French finance ministry and over 120 investors, and prepared and published country roadmaps so far across 5 markets.
The roadmaps recommend policy and investor action in asset owner disclosure requirements, investor stewardship, corporate disclosure requirements, and ESG capacity, knowledge and resourcing through the investment chain.
The successful candidate will join a 5-person team of experienced investment and legal professionals covering nine countries, with a focus on Brazil, China, Germany, Japan and UK.
Further details of the programme can be found at www.fiduciaryduty21.org.
- At least 7 years’ professional experience.
- Graduate degree (or equivalent)
- Track record of managing projects with international stakeholders
- Ability to work with investment professionals at C-suite level
- Knowledge of responsible investment, international policy and regulatory frameworks (see https://www.unpri.org/about/pri-teams/policy/responsible-investment-regulation).
- Motivated self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative and international environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English, with outstanding written and spoken English. Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese or French is an asset.
- Research, prepare, write and publish a roadmap in China (see our US or UK country roadmaps as examples).
- Implement, or support the implementation of, the roadmap recommendations in 3 – 4 markets, with an expected focus on Brazil, China, Germany, Japan and UK.
- Contribute to the ongoing work of the project team as necessary, including updating website, newsletters and project documents, and admin.
- Support activities within UNEP FI and PRI as well as with external partner organizations, including attending industry events.
If you think you can add value to the Team please email your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for all applications: Wednesday 19 April 2017.
About the PRI
The Principles for Responsible Investment is an investor initiative in partnership with UNEP Finance Initiative and the UN Global Compact. Launched by former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan, the PRI is a set of voluntary best practice principles to assist investors in integrating environmental, social and corporate governance issues into investment processes and ownership practices. The principles are supported by an Executive that promotes the PRI and provides implementation support to signatories. See www.unpri.org.
About the UNEP Finance Initiative
Founded in 1992 in the context of the Earth Summit in Rio, and based in Geneva, Switzerland, the United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) was established as a platform associating the United Nations and the financial sector globally. The need for this unique United Nations partnership arose from the growing recognition of the links between finance and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) challenges, and the role financial institutions could play for a more sustainable world. See www.unepfi.org.