14:00 - 15:30
Integrating sustainability issues into the blue-print of banking institutions is no small task. This session will look at the specific challenges this poses in banks and what practitioners consider to be key strategies for overcoming difficulties. It will aim to reveal the truly cross-cutting and cultural dimension of successfully implementing sustainability in banks, and as a result, the crucial importance of sharing a common understanding of the topic across the organisation.
The session will also see the launch of UNEP FI’s Online Guide to Banking & Sustainability. Following the launch of the paper version in 2011, the online version homes in on the specific meaning of sustainability for the different areas of a bank and collates a wealth of current practices and approaches deployed by UNEP FI Members in each of these areas.
- Mr. Li Renjie, CEO, Industrial Bank
- Mr. Dag Arne Kristensen, Executive Vice President External Relations, DNB
- Ms. Karin Ireton, Head Sustainability Management, Standard Bank Group
- Ms. Denise Hills, Head of Sustainably, Itaú Unibanco
- Ms. Ula Ubani, Director Environmental, Social & Governance, BMO Financial Group
- Mr. Denis Childs, Head of Emerging Markets, Environment & Sustainable Development, Societe Generale
- Ms. Namita Vikas, President and Chief Sustainability Officer, YES Bank