The Introductory Training Workshop (ITW) seeks to:
- Illustrate the environmental and social risks involved in lending and investing projects as a consequence of the activities of their clients.
- Guide participants through strategies and tools.
- Explore next steps in terms of promoting the efficient implementation of E&S risk analysis in the host country’s financial sector at large.
The day is divided into four key sections:
In this first section participants are introduced to the overall concept of sustainable finance and to the more specific area of environmental and social risk in the finance sector.
- Training exercises:
This is the core part of the Workshop. Participants are taught to identify potential environmental and social risks associated to the projects their clients seek financial services for.
- Presentation of existing best practice:
Participants are provided with an insider view to how some financial institutions have already devised policies and standard procedures to analyze this “new” category of risk, presented with examples of best practice.
- Final debate:
At this final stage of the day participants are invited to pool their thoughts in terms of what they consider to be the needs and next steps in order for their institution to be able to introduce or improve their environmental and social risk management systems.
Risk managers and analysts in corporate, investment and retail banking with little or no knowledge/experience in ESRA.
Duration: One full day.
Numbers: Between 20 and 30 persons.
Frequency: On demand only (sector-wide or in-house for UNEP FI Members).
Cost: In general, participation is free of charge, as our workshops usually supported and sponsored by local partners.
Overall, 35 ESRA ITW have been held in English, Spanish, Portuguese and Japanese with a total of 1030 participants from 34 countries since 2005.
Previous and upcoming ITW:
- Guayaquil, Ecuador – November 2017
- Quito, Ecuador – November 2017
- Cairo, Egypt – November 2017
- Buenos Aires, Argentina – September 2017
- Lusaka, Zambia – March 2017
- Santiago, Chile – November 2016
- San Jose, Costa Rica – October 2016
- Asunción, Paraguay – September 2016
- Lima, Peru – July 2016
- Moscow, Russia – December 2013
- Asuncion, Paraguay – November 2013
- Beijing, China – August 2013
- Mumbai, India – April 2013
- Accra, Ghana – April 2013
- Istanbul, Turkey – March 2013
- Muscat, Oman – January 2013
- San Jose, Costa Rica – June 2012
- Moscow, Russia – December 2011
- Bogota, Colombia – December 2011
- Lagos, Nigeria – September 2011
- Nairobi, Kenya – September 2011
- Quito, Ecuador – June 2011
- Montevideo, Uruguay – November 2010
- Lisbon, Portugal – October 2010
- Istanbul, Turkey – October 2010
- Athens, Greece – May 2010
- Manilla, Philippines – October 2009
- Cape Town, South Africa – October 2009
- Panama City, Panama – May 2009
- Bridgetown, Barbados – November 2008
- Caracas, Venezuela – October 2007
- Santiago, Chile – May 2007
- Mexico City, Mexico – February 2007
- Guayaquil & Quito, Ecuador – September 2006
- San Salvador, El Salvador – June 2006
- Lima, Peru – March 2006
- Buenos Aires, Argentina – May 2005
- Bogota, Colombia – March 2005
Interested in attending, organizing or hosting a Risk Workshop in your country? Contact us.
For further information please contact:
Carolina Yazmín López
training [at] unepfi.org