Join in Shaping the Principles for Responsible Banking
The development of the Principles for Responsible Banking has been led by your UNEP FI peer banks on behalf and in consultation with all UNEP FI member banks. They serve as the framework for today’s new banking industry that supports society in achieving a more sustainable world.
All banks, as well as other financial institutions and interested parties, are encouraged to take part in the consultative process running through 31 May 2019.
It is very important that all banks provide feedback in shaping the Principles, so that the implementation and impacts of these may be maximized.
There are several way to engage in the Consultative Process:
1. Provide feedback through the online feedback survey
Complete this short 10-question survey on the Principles for Responsible Banking and their Implementation Guidance | Complete survey.
2. Participate in the information webinar series
Every six weeks, UNEP FI together with the Principle’s founding banks host informative webinars to present and explain the Principles, their target-setting and their accountability requirements. This is also an opportunity to gather your valuable feedback towards the shaping of the Principles.
- 14 May 2019 at 10.00 CET| UNEP FI – EBF joint webinar on the principles for responsible banking |for EBF member banks
- 9 May 2019 at 09.00 CET | Deep Dive Webinar: Accountability |MEMBERS ONLY|Watch
- 9 May 2019 at 16.00 CET | Deep Dive Webinar: Accountability |MEMBERS ONLY|Watch
- 7 May 2019 at 09.00 CET | Deep Dive Webinar: Target Setting |MEMBERS ONLY|Watch
- 7 May 2019 at 16.00 CET | Deep Dive Webinar: Target Setting |MEMBERS ONLY|Watch
- 17 April 2019 at 15.00 CET | Informational Webinar: The Principles | Watch | Download presentation
- 6 March 2019 at 09.00 CET | Informational Webinar: The Principles | Watch | Download presentation
3. Information and consultation events
Founding banks, UNEP FI and our partners are holding a number of live informational events on the Principles for Responsible Banking. These are a good opportunity to discuss the Principles directly with those who have developed their framework, and to provide your inputs and feedback to shape their final version.
- 24-28 June 2019 | Inter-American Development Bank 2019 Sustainability Week | Marriott Hotel, Panama City, Panama
- 18 June | 6th International Reporting 3.0 Conference: Implementing Thriveable Transformation | Erasmus Pavilion Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- 5 June 2019 |General Assembly of the Association of Foreign Banks in Switzerland- Sustainable Investments: Will Finance Save the Planet? | Geneva, Switzerland
- 27-28 May 2019 | NFU conference 2019- Finance for All: Finance for a European Society | Copenhagen
- 24 May 2019 | European Association of Co-operative Banks workshop on Sustainable Finance | Paris, France
- 21 May 2019 | Consultation Meeting on the Principles for Responsible Banking hosted by Austrian Banking Association | Vienna, Austria
- 14 May 2019 | Albanian Association of Banks conference- Banks for Sustainable Development |Tirana, Albania
- 13 May 2019| Regional Roundtable – Global Responsible Banking Principles in the Nordics | Stockholm, Sweden
- 10 May 2019 | Emerging approaches to sustainable finance and climate change across the financial sector by TD Bank Group | Toronto, Canada
- 8 May 2019 | US Consultation Event – Principles for Responsible Banking | New York City, US
- 7 May 2019 | Principles for Responsible Banking consultation event | Dutch Banking Association (NVB)
- 30 April 2019 | Emerging Global Trends in Sustainable Finance Meeting with Eric Usher, Head of UNEP FI | Frankfurt, Germany
- 29 April 2019 | Nigeria Consultation Event – Principles for Responsible Banking | Lagos, Nigeria
- 24-25 April 2019 | Kenya Consultation Event – Principles for Responsible Banking | Nairobi, Kenya
- 10-11 April 2019 | UNEP FI Africa Regional Roundtable | Cairo, Egypt
- 10-11 April 2019 | IFC Sustainable Banking Network Global Meeting | Washington, DC, US
- 9 April 2019 | World Economic Forum Sustainable Banking Workshop | New York City, US
- 29 March 2019 | South Africa Consultation Event Principles for Responsible Banking | Cape Town, South Africa
- 18 March 2019 | CIMB Bank Principles for Responsible Banking Consultation Event |
- 6 February 2019 | Launch of the Principles for Responsible Banking in collaboration with UK Finance |
- 5 February 2019 | European Banking Federation and UNEP FI joint workshop on the Principles for Responsible Banking |
We will publish additional event information as this becomes available.
Find out more and get involved
If you would like further information about the Principles for Responsible Banking, or how you can contribute, please contact us.