The Principles for Responsible Banking define today’s sustainable banking industry — supporting banks to meet customer needs, and to leverage new business opportunities with the emergence of the sustainable development economy. Signatory Banks will be well positioned to remain competitive today and into the future, while also playing a role in achieving the global goals set by society.
The tools and resources provided in the Communications Toolkit are designed to assist signatories with communicating and promoting the Principles for Responsible Banking. The toolkit includes infographics, social media cards, graphics, and other materials.
Events and Webinars
- Principles for Responsible Banking Signing Ceremony | 22 September 2019
- Global Public Banking Industry Launch | 23 September 2019
- Ethical Finance 2019 Event | 8 October 2019
- Guidance Document Webinar | 24 October 2019
- First Steps for Implementing the Principles for Responsible Banking | 21 November 2019
- UNEP FI Regional Roundtable | 28-29 November 2019
Quotes from CEOs and industry thought leaders
CEOs of the Founding Banks that have shaped the Principles for Responsible Banking, in addition to such thought leaders as Christiana Figueres, Convenor of Mission 2020, and Priya Mathur, CalPERS Board President, have made statements in support of the Principles.
“The PRI (Principles for Responsible Investing) have helped drive the integration of environmental, social and governance considerations into investor decision-making. It is now time for the banking sector to step up in both assessing the risks they are exposed to, and the impacts of their financing activities in realising the Sustainable Development Goals”.
~ Martin Skancke, Association Board director Chair of the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)