This Investor Agenda webinar in partnership with Initiative Climat Internationale (ICi), will assess how asset owner capital allocated to private markets can align with Net-Zero goals. With global assets under management in private equity now standing at around $3 trillion, this capital has an essential role to play in achieving climate goals this decade. Join us to find out how a highly competitive segment of the investment industry can align its practices with the Net-Zero targets committed to in the Paris Agreement. Find out how PE players can begin to embed climate-related risks and opportunities into the policies and practices that guide private equity firms’ own governance, due diligence, risk management, and engagement of portfolio companies.
Participants will learn from experts about how private equity investors are creating Climate Action Plans that move the dial on climate targets while also ensuring stable returns. Learn about regional and industry-specific approaches to Net Zero target setting among leading LPs and GPs. Find out how the industry plans to support a halving of global emissions by 2030 and where the biggest risks and opportunities are in this process.
- Runa Alam, CEO, Development Partners International
- Serge Younes, Head of Sustainability, Investindustrial
- Matthieu Muzumdar, Partner, Chief Operating Officer Europe, Meridiam
- Rahnuma Chowdhury, Investor Climate Action Lead, UNEP FI
- Moderated by: Hamish Stewart, Senior Associate, Climate Change, PRI