The European Commission’s Technical Expert Group on Sustainable Finance has just released its proposed ‘taxonomy’ to promote a common understanding of economic activities that contribute to EU goals on climate change and achieving the SDGs. The taxonomy effectively creates a standard for the low carbon and environmental sustainability performance of buildings and property, amongst other asset types. Financiers can use the taxonomy to channel capital toward assets that meet the standard so as to manage their risk and positively contribute to societal outcomes. The webinar will provide a brief review of the taxonomy as applied to buildings, as well as offer reflections from property investors in other parts of the world on how green finance is evolving in their regions and how the taxonomy may accelerate those changes.
- Ursula Hartenberger, Global Head of Sustainability at RICS
- Esther An, Chief Sustainability Officer at City Developments Limited
- James McIntyre, Director of Capital Markets at New York State Homes and Community Renewal
- Elodie Feller, Programme Lead, Investment at UN Environment Finance Initiative
- Matthew Ulterino, Property Investment Project Coordinator at UN Environment Finance Initiative (Moderator)