“PSI-WWF-UNESCO guide for the insurance industry to protect World Heritage Sites” launch webinar
“PSI-WWF-UNESCO guide for the insurance industry
to protect World Heritage Sites”
A launch webinar hosted by
UN Environment Programme’s Principles for Sustainable Insurance Initiative (PSI)
12 November 2019
About the webinar
The pioneering guide, Protecting our World Heritage, Insuring a Sustainable Future, builds on last year’s launch of the first insurance industry statement of commitment to protect World Heritage Sites, supported by leading insurers and key stakeholders worldwide.
The guide was launched at the PSI Market Event that was part of the wider UNEP FI Regional Roundtable on Sustainable Finance in Latin America and Caribbean 2019, in Sao Paulo and supported by 24 leading insurers. See Press Release.
To develop the guide, UN Environment’s Principles for Sustainable Insurance Initiative (PSI) worked with its member insurers, WWFand the UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) World Heritage Centre, and was supported by ECOFACT, a sustainability service provider.
This first-ever global guide provides practical guidance to insurers on how to prevent or reduce the risk of insuring and investing in companies or projects whose activities could damage World Heritage Sites, particularly in relation to sectors such as oil and gas, mining, and large-scale hydropower. Other relevant sectors include logging, fishing, agriculture, plantations, and large-scale infrastructure such as pipelines, roads and mega-ports.
- Date: Tuesday, 12 November 2020
- Morning session: 9:00 to 10:30 am Central European Summer Time (CEST)
- Afternoon session: 3:00 to 4:30 pm CEST
- Amandine Favier, Head Sustainable Finance, WWF Switzerland
- Butch Bacani, PSI Programme Leader, UNEP
- Joan Suris, Senior Consultant, ECOFACT
- James Wallace, Group Lead of ESG Insurance Integration, Allianz
- Thierry Corti, Senior Sustainability Manager, Swiss Re