COP27 has focused the world’s attention on the Middle East and North Africa region and that attention will continue with COP28 being held in Dubai next year. UNEP FI has launched a report looking at the current state of climate financing by banks in the region with case studies from UNEP FI members. Join us for a discussion of the challenges and opportunities facing banks in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Paul Smith, Senior Climate Consultant, UNEP FI
- Shargiil Bashir, CSO, First Abu Dhabi Bank
- Anton Gigov, Ikigai Advisors
- Maha Hasebou, Head of Strategic Sustainability, National Bank of Egypt (NBE)
- Representative from the Commercial International Bank (CIB)