The ESRA Advanced Workshop seeks to:
- Better understand environmental and social risk in lending using a case study methodology.
- Better understand environmental and social risk exposure depending on the type of financing offered.
- Develop awareness of potential aggregate risk across different lending products in a bank / banking group, especially in relation to a given sector and its supply chain.
Content and target audience
The day of training is divided into seven key sections:
- Sector-focused business case & warm-up ‘find the bombs’ exercise
- Corporate sector presentation
- Case study work (project finance, corporate, trade, retail)
- Legal framework & standards presentations
- Structured discussion on sector supply chain risk and aggregate risk across portfolios
- Banking sector illustrative presentation
- Open multi-stakeholder discussion on next steps
The target audience includes risk managers and analysts, investment officers, portfolio and relationship managers, working in commercial banks across types of finance (project finance, corporate finance, middle market/SME, trade finance). Groups of participants vary between 20 and 30 persons.
Frequency and cost
On demand only (sector-wide or in-house). In general, participation is free of charge as our workshops are usually supported and sponsored by local partners.
Previous advanced workshops:
- Asuncion, Paraguay – 5 and 6 August 2019
- Asuncion, Paraguay – 21 and 22 June 2017
- Sydney and Melbourne, Australia – June 2011
Interested in attending, organizing or hosting a risk workshop in your country? Contact us.