A Legal Framework for Impact is undertaken collaboratively by the United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) and the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) with the generous financial support of The Generation Foundation, and supported by legal expertise from Freshfields.
The Secretariat is composed of the following three partners:
The secretariat appointed Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in September 2019 to compile the legal analysis and author the project report following a competitive tender process.
Head, UNEP Finance Initiative
Chief Responsible Investment Officer, PRI
Trustee of the Generation Foundation and Partner at Generation Investment Management
The project’s Reference Group includes experts from investment firms that have developed, or are in the process of developing, a strategy for integrating sustainability impact considerations in their firm’s core strategy and investment decision making.
The group supports the research and implementation prgoramme by sharing policy developments, questions, concerns and information on legal, regulatory and fiduciary implications of the management of sustainability impact in investment practice.
- Clara Barby, Chief Executive, Impact Management Project, Bridges Fund Management
- Joanne Etherton, Lawyer, ClientEarth
- Gerard Fehrenbach, Attorney at Law, Senior Advisor, Responsible Investment, PGGM Investments
- Sean Gilbert Director, Global Impact Investing Network
- Daniel Jackson, Managing Director, Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM)
- Martin Jonasson, General Counsel, AP2
- Ryan Klausing, Director, Legal Team, Generation Investment Management
- Libby Klein, Trustee Director, Christian Super
- Susan Mac Cormac, Partner, Morrison & Foerster
- Will Martindale, Group Head of Sustainability, Cardano
- Tom Tayler, Senior Counsel, Aviva Investors
- Tara Tilbury, Senior Counsel, RBC Global Asset Management (U.S.) Inc.
- Michael Torrance, Chief Sustainability Officer, Associate General Counsel, Legal and Regulatory Compliance, BMO Financial Group
- Margaret Wachenfeld, Managing Director, Themis Research; Senior Research Fellow, Institute for Human Rights and Business
- Kong Wei, Partner, Zhong Lun Law Firm
- Jes Andrews, Director of the Investment Leadership Programme and Investment Lead, UNEP FI
- Margarita Pirovska, Director of Policy, PRI