The Alliance was initiated by Allianz, CDC, CDPQ, Folksam Group, PensionDanmark, and SwissRe. At the launch on 23rd September 2019 at the United Nations Secretary General’s Climate Action Summit in New York, USA, Alecta, AMF, CalPERS, Nordea Life and Pension, Storebrand, and Zurich joined as founding members. Convened by UNEP’s Finance Initiative and the Principles for Responsible Investment, the Alliance is supported by WWF and is part of the Mission 2020 campaign, an initiative led by Christiana Figueres, former Executive Secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
Latest News & Press Releases
- 11 May 2020 | PFA Pension joins the Net-Zero Asset Owner Alliance
- 28 April 2020 | Call for Comment on carbon neutrality
- 22 April 2020 | Post-Covid recovery packages must quicken the pace to net-zero carbon emissions
- 7 April 2020 | Wespath joins the Net-Zero Asset Owner Alliance
- 6 April 2020 | Net-Zero Asset Owner Alliance responds to the Coronavirus pandemic
- 9 March 2020 | KENFO joins Net-Zero Asset Owner Alliance
- 5 March 2020| ERAFP joins the Net-Zero Asset Owner Alliance
- 14 February 2020| Munich Re joins the UN-convened Net-Zero Asset Owner Alliance
- 14 February 2020 | Günther Thallinger, Allianz CIO and Chair of the Net-Zero Asset Owner Alliance responds to BP’s commitment to net-zero by 2050
- 22 January 2020 | 2 new members join the Alliance: Generali and the Church of England bringing total AUM to $4.3 trillion
- 27 November 2019 | 4 new members join the Alliance: AXA, Aviva, CNP and FRR bringing total AUM to US$ trillion.
- 23 September 2019 | Net-zero Asset Owner Alliance launches at Climate Action Summit in New York.