Media information about the Principles
“The PRI have helped drive the integration of environmental, social and governance considerations into investor decision-making. It is now time for the banking sector to step up in both assessing the risks they are exposed to, and the impacts of their financing activities in realising the Sustainable Development Goals”.
~ Martin Skancke, Association Board director Chair of the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
Videos from the launch
The Principles were launched for public consultation at the UNEP FI Global Roundtable in Paris on 26 November, 2018.
- Aligning banking with society’s goals
Simone Dettling, Banking Team Lead at UN Environment Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) introduces and launches the global consultation for the Principles for Responsible Banking.
- The role of banking in achieving society’s goals
Elliott Harris, Chief Economist of the UN and Martin Skancke, Chair of PRI sit down with Brandee McHale, Director of Corporate Citizenship at Citi to discuss the role of banking in achieving society’s goals.
- “Transforming banking” CEO panel
Ten global banking CEOs discuss the banking industry’s role and responsibilities in aligning financing with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and Paris Agreement on Climate Change to help shape a sustainable future.
- WWF Press Release
- Financial Times
- Responsible Investor
- Environmental Finance
- American Banker
- CNBC TV18
- Global Islamic Economy Gateway
- Banorte – Press Release
- BBVA – Press Release
- Bloomberg: Nordea
- Bloomberg: SocGen
- Business Report Online
- Business Wire
- China Daily
- CIMB – Press Release
- De Tijd
- ICBC & Standard Bank – Press Release
- Presswire – Piraues Bank
- BBVA – Press Release
- Banco Bradesco – Press Release
- Business Report
- BBVA/Garanti – Press Release
- Business Standard
- Financial Review
- KCB – Press Release
- Korea Times
- Only Strategic
- Piraeus Bank – Press Release
- Presse Portal
- The Edge Markets
- Salaam Gateway
- Santander – Press Release
- Westpac – Press Release
View or download our publication and infographics about the Principles for Responsible Banking.
- Principles for Responsible Banking Consultation Brochure
- Principles Overview Infographic
- PRB Signatory Requirements
Founding banks, UNEP FI and our partners will all be holding information events where you can hear in person about the Principles for Responsible Banking:
- Panel at the World Economic Forum in Davos to present the Principles for Responsible Banking, 24 January 2019
- European Banking Federation and UNEP FI joint workshop on the Principles for Responsible Banking, 5 February 2019
- Launch of the Principles for Responsible Banking in collaboration with UK Finance, 6 February 2019
- UNEP FI Africa Roundtable, 10-11 April 2019
- CIMB Bank Principles for Responsible Banking Consultation Event, 18 March 2019
- South African Principles for Responsible Banking Consultation Event in Cape Town, 29 March 2019
More information about these and other events will be added soon.
Several of the CEOs of our founding banks as well as Christiana Figueres, Convenor of Mission 2020 and Priya Mathur, CalPERS Board President have recorded videos of support for the Principles for Responsible Banking.
Find out more
If you would like further information about the Principles or how you can contribute, please get in touch.