Webinar | 24 February 2011, 15:00 – 16:00, CET
Physical impacts of climate change pose substantial risks to future property values whilst rising energy prices are increasing building occupation costs and influencing choice. In the face of these and other such emerging challenges adopting responsible property investment approaches by integrating application of ESG issues into the investment process can fundamentally protect and enhance asset value whilst mitigating long-term risk to the investment performance of property.
Attendees to this Webinar will hear about a set of core issues for property investors covered in the UNEP FI PWG report Implementing Responsible Property Investment Strategies in respect to:
- How ESG issues can be factored into investment policy and strategies?
- Can medium and long term ESG trend analysis be incorporated into strategic asset allocation just like any other market trend analysis?
- How can ESG analysis help identify property value in the acquisition and disposition of property assets?
- Andy Szyman, Co-chair – UNEP FI Property Working Group and Head of Sustainability, F&C REIT Asset Management
- CalPERS Global Real Estate Responsible Property Investing (PDF: 561 KB)
Laurie Weir, Portfolio Manager – CalPERS Global Real Estate Investment
- RPI implementation (PDF: 408 KB)
Etienne Dupuy, Chief Executive Officer– BNP Paribas Real Estate Investment Services
- Climate Change Property Fund Retrofit Case Study (PDF: 1.2 MB)
Tim Mockett, Managing Director Property – Climate Change Capital
- Laurie Weir presentation (MP3: 14:00 minutes)
- Etienne DuPuy presentation (MP3: 9:00 minutes)
- Tim Mockett presentation (MP3: 7:35 minutes)
- Questions and Answers (MP3: 21: minutes)