The UNEP FI Secretariat works across the banking, insurance and investment industries and cross-cutting workstreams which focus on developing and rolling out practical approaches to addressing challenges and mainstreaming solutions in areas including responding to climate change, financing nature-based solutions, tackling pollution & boosting the circular economy, financing the UN Sustainable Development Goals and promoting human rights.
UNEP FI recruits talented staff and consultants and runs an ongoing internship programme to assist its Secretariat both in Geneva, Switzerland and worldwide. UNEP FI also issues requests for proposals on an ad hoc basis according to its work programme requirements. All positions including internships are also advertised on the UN’s career website here.
Read more about the organization here, and browse the career opportunities to find out how you can get involved in building a sustainable global financial industry!
- Net-Zero Asset Owner Alliance Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) Protocol Coordination: Support the work of the Alliance’s MRV Track working groups and the development of the next target setting protocol. Applications open until 6 February 2023.
- Banking and Regional Communications: Assist on the implementation of communications for the Principles for Responsible Banking, and support regional coordinators with regional communications. Applications open until 7 February 2023.
- Regional coordinator for Latin America and Caribbean: Support the implementation of UNEP FI’s sustainable finance frameworks in the region, develop membership, and take part in project-related activities or event management together with UNEP FI’s team. Applications open until 7 February 2023.
- Regional Coordination Associate for Africa and Middle East: Support the implementation of UNEP FI’s strategy and mobilise sustainable finance in Africa and the Middle East. Applications open until 7 February 2023.
- Regional assistant for Korea: Support the implementation of UNEP FI’s sustainable finance frameworks in South Korean banks and insurance companies. Applications open until 7 February 2023.
- Senior Manager for nature-related awareness & capacity building: Coordinate all industry-related work and lead capacity building on biodiversity and nature. Applications open until 13 February 2023.
- Social and Human Rights: Support the roll out of our social strategy, working with UNEP FI’s team, members and partners on the topics of human rights, social due diligence and just transition. Applications open until 14 February 2023.
- Latin America & Caribbean region: Support the implementation and consolidation of UNEP FI outreach and coordination plans across the Latin America & Caribbean region. Applications open until 15 February 2023.
- SDGs and Impact: Assist in implementing UNEP FI’s Impact & SDGs work programme through research and support for the development of impact management tools, mappings and guidance materials. Applications open until 18 February 2023.