UNEP FI recruits staff, consultants and runs an ongoing internship programme to assist its Secretariat in Geneva and abroad. UNEP FI also issues requests for proposals on an ad hoc basis according to its work programme requirements. All positions including internships are also advertised on the UN’s career website here.
Location: Geneva (preferred) or London
Duration: 18 months fixed-term contract
Closing date: 5 April
UNEP FI and PRI are looking for an experienced project manager with at least three years’ professional experience to support our flagship project, A Legal Framework for Impact.
The project, launched in January 2019, will prepare and publish legal analysis, as well as practical recommendations, for investors seeking to assess and account for sustainability impact in investment decision-making as a core part of investment activity.
The successful candidate will join a four-person team of experienced investment and project management professionals based in Geneva and London.
- Analyse and synthesize research on financial sector regulatory and legal frameworks for impact.
- Engage investors, develop relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. other investor networks, policy makers). Calibrate and integrate feedback.
- Develop and implement a communications strategy that will promote the project and final recommendations to investors, regulators and policy makers. Support with day-to-day communications tasks including updating website, newsletters, social media etc.
- Support the preparation, drafting and finalization of the Legal Framework for Impact.
- Coordinate day-to-day project stakeholders’ interactions.
- Contribute to the ongoing work of the project team as necessary, including project documents, events organization and admin.
- Prepare briefing notes and presentations for UNEP FI and PRI executives and provide regular report on progress.
- Support activities within UNEP FI and PRI as well as with external partner organizations, including attending industry events.
- At least 3 years’ professional experience
- Graduate degree (or equivalent) in law, economics, finance or international affairs
- Track record of managing projects with international stakeholders
- Strong understanding of investment practice, the structure and operation of the investment chain, and of the issues relating to sustainable financial markets
- Ability to work with investment professionals at C-suite level
- Motivated self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative and international environment
- Outstanding communications and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Professional English writing and editing skills. French is an asset.
- A philosophical commitment to the goals of the United Nations
- Must be eligible to work in Switzerland or the UK
All candidates must have eligibility to work in either London or Switzerland without visa sponsorship.
Find out more and apply through the PRI website.