UNEP FI recruits staff, consultants and runs an ongoing internship programme to assist its Secretariat in Geneva and abroad. UNEP FI also issues requests for proposals on an ad hoc basis according to its work programme requirements. All positions including internships are also advertised on the UN’s career website here.
Communications Internship – deadline 5 June
Communications is an important part of UNEP FI’s overall mission and is embedded in all aspects of its activities. In working with and communicating to our various stakeholders and audiences we raise awareness and support the adoption and integration of sustainable finance. By setting standards, providing tools, research and capability development, and facilitating networking and engagement activities we are helping to transform the global financial system. We also promote the work of our members, global financial institutions including leading banks, investors and insurers.
The intern will assist with implementing UNEP FI’s Communications strategy. Daily responsibilities may vary depending on the individual’s background as well as the internship period. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
-Assist with the writing, editing and design of communication content, including newsletters, social media, event announcements, web content, digital content and other targeted communications
-Assist with the drafting, designing and editing of publications (reports, brochures, etc.)
-Assist with media outreach and with social media outreach
-Assistance with day-to-day coordination of events and communications (general liaison, setting up meetings)
-Assist with the communications for a series of Regional Roundtables taking place throughout the world and advancing the sustainable finance agenda to audiences around the globe.
Apply online here.
UNEP FI’s Principles for Sustainable Insurance initiative (PSI) Consultant – deadline 31 May
UN Environment, supported by its Principles for Sustainable Insurance initiative (PSI), is carrying out this project focused on the risks of plastic pollution to the insurance industry as risk managers, insurers and investors.
The project supports the implementation of the Principles for Sustainable Insurance, UN Environment Assembly resolutions on plastic pollution and marine litter, and various UN Sustainable Development Goals (for example, SDG 3 on good health and well-being, SDG 11 on sustainable cities and communities, SDG 12 on sustainable consumption and production, SDG 14 on healthy oceans). It also supports the aims of the Sustainable Blue Economy Finance Initiative hosted by UN Environment’s Finance Initiative (UNEP FI).
During the assignment, the Consultant will undertake a pioneering study on how the insurance industry can support the global agenda of tackling marine plastic litter and microplastics.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Leader at UN Environment’s Principles for Sustainable Insurance Initiative, the Consultant will undertake the following tasks:¨
– Undertaking a literature review on how plastic pollution risks manifest themselves across lines of insurance business (non-life and life & health insurance) and across asset classes
– Interviews with select insurers, reinsurers, brokers, regulators and key stakeholders (e.g. NGOs)
– Global survey of the insurance industry and its key stakeholders, primarily through the PSI’s global network of member and stakeholder organizations
– Prepare a final report on strategies and actions for the insurance industry to better manage plastic pollution risks.
– Prepare outreach and communication material on findings in the report, in collaboration with communication team.
– Initiates and co-ordinates communication with partners to ensure that all work completed takes into account best practices and experiences.
Apply online here.