View the final Principles and Framework documents below
NEWS: The final Principles for Responsible Banking and their Framework documents are now available:
• The Principles Signature Document, containing the six Principles for Responsible Banking and their Preamble. If your bank would like to become a Founding Signatory of the Principles for Responsible Banking, this letter needs to be signed by your CEO and sent to email@example.com by 22nd August 2019;
• The Key Steps to be Implemented by Signatories, detailing key steps regarding impact analysis, target setting & implementation, and accountability your bank needs to take to ensure the effective implementation of the Principles for Responsible Banking;
• The Reporting and Self-Assessment Template, which guides banks’ transparency on their progress in implementing the Principles for Responsible Banking and on their impacts.
A knowledge and guidance document to support banks in their implementation of the Principles and point to relevant resources, tools, frameworks and good practices will be published in September 2019.
NEWS: The highly anticipated launch of the Principles for Responsible Banking is now set for 22-23 September 2019 in New York City, during the annual United Nations General Assembly. All Signatory Bank CEOs are invited to participate in the official launch:
- More information about the launch events available here.
- CEO Guide for New York launch events available here.
More news available in our Media Centre.
What are the Principles for Responsible Banking designed to achieve?
As society’s expectations change, banks must be transparent and clear about how their products and services create value for their customers, clients, investors, as well as society. The Principles for Responsible Banking help any bank – whatever its starting point – to align its business strategy with society’s goals.
The Principles provide the framework for a sustainable banking system, and help the industry to demonstrate how it makes a positive contribution to society.
They are accelerating the banking industry’s contribution to achieving society’s goals as expressed in the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Climate Agreement.
What experts are saying about the Principles for Responsible Banking
Become a Signatory, join a community of 100+ banks
Your inputs, shaping the Principles
A six-month public consultative process designed to shape the Principles for Responsible Banking concluded on 31 May 2019. The comments received from stakeholders, and corresponding responses, are now available.
Find out more…
More about the Principles
Learn more through webinar series
Become a Signatory
Implement the Principles
Download the Principles Signatory Document, the Key Steps to be Implemented by Signatories, and the Reporting and Self-Assessment Template
Download the overview infographic and the Easy Guide to Becoming a Signatory