UNEP FI is pleased to announce the upcoming presentation and regional launch of its Positive Impact Initiative in Johannesburg, South Africa, on 29th November 2017, which will be hosted by the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), the oldest and largest stock exchange in Africa.
With the participation of high-level representatives from the financial sector, the unique event will gather approximately 100 participants including commercial banks, investors, insurers, corporations, rating agencies, analysts, auditors and public sector representatives from central and municipal governments, as well as development banks.
The following topics will be discussed:
- The Principles for Positive Impact Finance.
- The funding gap to achieve SDGs and the sustainable development agenda: what kind of innovation do we need?
- Impact: the basis for a new asset class?
- The role of financial institutions, companies and public entities in South Africa and the African continent in achieving the SDGs.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Brahim Benjelloun, Group Executive Managing Director of BMCE Bank of Africa, and Chairman of Bank of Africa Group.
- Brigitte Burnett, Head of Sustainability, Enterprise Governance and Compliance, Nedbank
- Denis Childs, Head of Environmental and Social Advisory and Positive Impact Finance, Société Générale
- Layalee Ramahi, Head of Strategy, Tawreeq Holdings
- Madeleine Ronquest, Head of Environmental and Social Risk, Climate Change, First Rand
- Nicky Newton-King, CEO, Johannesburg Stock Exchange
- Shameela Soobramoney, Senior Manager – Strategy and Sustainability, JSE
- Soraya Sebti, Head of Sustainable Development & CSR, BMCE Bank of Africa
- Steve Nicholls, Head of Environmental Sustainability, National Business Initiative
- Wendy Dobson, Head, Group Policy, Advocacy, and Sustainability, Standard Bank
This Positive Impact (PI) event took place in the context of the larger UNEP FI Africa and Middle East Regional Roundtable.
For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.