|AGENDA||SPONSORS & PARTNERS||SPEAKERS||REGISTER|
The UNEP FI Regional Roundtable for Sustainable Finance in Asia Pacific will take place on 5 – 6 June 2019 in Shanghai, China. The event is co-hosted with the Shanghai Lujiazui Financial City Council Green Finance Development Committee (GFDC) and in collaboration with Principles for Responsible Investment.
UNEP FI’s Roundtable is part of UN Environment’s 2019 World Environment Day celebrations hosted by China, under the theme “Air Pollution”.
The 1.5-day event will feature:
- Investment sessions curated by the PRI, the world’s leading proponent of responsible investment.
- Banking content featuring the landmark Principles for Responsible Banking
- A Principles for Sustainable Insurance China market event
- High-level plenaries and keynotes from regulators, government officials and leaders in sustainable finance.
The event is co-organised by ChinaSIF and is supported by the Green Finance Committee of China Society for Finance and Banking, IFC, UK Government, World Wide Fund for Nature.
2019 UNEP FI Asia Pacific Regional Roundtable
5-6 June 2019, Shanghai, China
DRAFT Agenda Outline
|08:00- 09:00||Registrations and Networking|
• Eric Usher - Head of UNEP FI
|09:30- 09:45||Keynote: Sustainable Finance of the Future
• Ma Jun -Chairman, Green Finance Committee of China Society for Finance and Banking
|09:45- 10:55||Scenario analysis: TCFD and environmental risk
• Sasja Beslik -Head of Sustainable Finance, Nordea
• Lauren Smart -Managing Director, Global Head of Financial Institutions Business, Trucost
• Moderator: Remco Fischer - Climate Change Programme Lead, UNEP FI
|10:55- 11:15||Coffee break|
|11:15- 12:30||Financing the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Climate Agreement
• Tsukasa Kanai -Chief Sustainability Officer, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust
• Namita Vikas -Group President & Global Head, Climate Strategy & Responsible Banking, Yes Bank
• Esther An -Chief Sustainability Officer、City Developments Limited (CDL)
• Moderator: Careen Abb - Positive Impact Lead, UNEP FI
|Principles for Responsible Investment – Focus on ESG integration||Sustainable Banking in APAC|
|Curated by the PRI, these sessions provide insights into ESG Credit Risk and Ratings, ESG Disclosure in China and ESG integration in the APAC region.||This stream focuses on the role of banks in sustainable development. It examines recent trends in banking and the transition to a sustainable economy.|
|13:30- 13:40||Opening Remarks|
• Luo Nan - Head of China, PRI
|13:30- 14:10||Principles for Responsible Banking to transform the industry
• Eric Usher - Head of UNEP FI
|13:40- 13:50||Keynote Speech|
Sustainable investment and ESG integration in China
|13:30- 14:10||Panel Discussion: Principle for Responsible Banking Core Group members and endorsers
• Woo Hyuk Park - Deputy President, Strategic Planning Division, Shinhan Bank
• Luanne Sieh - Strategic Programme Management and Group Sustainability, CIMB
• Tomas Bravenec - Deputy CEO, Golomt Bank
|13:50- 15:00||ESG in Credit Risk and Ratings||14:10- 15:00||Harnessing digital innovations in sustainable finance
|15:50- 15:20||Break||15:50- 15:20||Break|
|15:20- 16:35||ESG Integration in APAC Region|
Asset Management Association of China
|15:20- 17:35||Sustainable Banking in ASEAN: Challenges for ASEAN and non-ASEAN banks
Joint session with IFC and WWF Singapore
|16:35- 17:45||ESG Disclosure in China||15:20 -17:35||1. State of Play – Regulatory landscape and sustainability of banks
Speaker & Moderator: Wei Yuan, coordinator for the Sustainable Banking Network Measurement Working Group, IFC (confirmed)
• ASEAN Regulatory Landscape - IFC Sustainable Banking Network Progress Report (confirmed)
• WWF Singapore on SUBSA report and regulations assessment framework (confirmed)
• Association of Banks in Cambodia - Cambodia Sustainable Banking Principles (confirmed)
• State Bank of Vietnam (tbc)
• Monetary Authority of Singapore (tbc)
2. Greening the Belt & Road Investment
Moderated by Green Finance Committee of China Society for Finance and Banking (tbc)
• Greening the BRI investment – Tsinghua University
• China-UK Green Finance Taskforce’s Green Investment Principles –China Development Bank?
• Standard Chartered (tbc)
• BRI host country bank - Kazakstan?
3. Palm Oil
Moderator: Keith Lee. Sustainable Finance Engagement Manager WWF Singapore (confirmed)
• Ghislaine Nadaud, ABN Amro Asia Pacific as Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) Financial Institutions Task Force
• [Local FI]
• [Palm oil producer – mobilised by WWF]
|17:35-17:45||Wrap up and Closing Remarks||17:35-17:45||Wrap up and Closing Remarks|
|17:30 -19:00||Drinks and Networking Reception|
|08:30- 09:00||Registrations and Networking||08:00- 09:15||CEO Breakfast|
• Joyce Msuya -Acting Head, UN Environment
|11:15- 12:30||Financial centers for sustainability and sustainable finance roadmap developments
Session led by FC4S
High level panel
• Jacki Johnson -Group Executive, People, Performance & Reputation, IAG on Australian Sustainable Finance Roadmap
• Moderator: Kong Wei -Shanghai Lujiazui Financial City Council Green Finance Development Committee and FC4S
|12:30 – 13:30||End of UNEP FI Regional Roundtable for Asia Pacific|
|13:30 – 17:00||Workshops and Consultations|
To make recommendations for speakers and agenda topics, please contact Mustafa Chaudhry.
The Roundtable is free-to-attend, so register now before spaces fill up!
The 2017 Regional Roundtable Asia Pacific in numbers:
To view highlights from 2017, please click here.
Partnership & Sponsorship Opportunities
Showcase your brand at the UNEP FI Regional Roundtables – key agenda-setting events on sustainable finance in your region – bringing together hundreds of leaders from all parts of the financial system as well as from civil society, academia, government and the United Nations.
Please contact Mustafa Chaudhry (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on partnership opportunities, registrations and general inquiries.