The UNEP Finance Initiative Regional Roundtable in Latin America and the Caribbean will be held on the 14-15 October 2019 in São Paulo, Brazil, which will bring together UNEP FI members and sustainable finance practitioners for two days of insights into advances in sustainable finance.
The two-day event, co-organised with the Brazilian Federation of Banks (FEBRABAN), will feature a mix of high-level plenaries and keynotes from public and private sector leaders in sustainable finance, as well as technical sessions covering approaches to sustainability in investment, insurance and banking. The Roundtable will enable participants to network with policy makers, regulators and peers from across the finance industry in Latin America and the Caribbean as well to exchange ideas and experiences to help advance sustainable finance in the region.
The 2-day event will also feature:
- Green/sustainability bonds.
- Infrastructure investment and resilient cities.
- Implementation of the Principles for Sustainable Insurance and guidance on integrating environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks into underwriting.
- Ecosystem-based adaptation, climate-smart agriculture and blended finance.
- Sustainability taxonomies and land use financing.
- Policy and regulatory developments for sustainable finance frameworks, roadmaps and protocols.
- Implications of marine plastic pollution for underwriting and investment.
- Piloting the natural capital ENCORE tool in Colombia and Peru to help banks, investors and insurers worldwide assess risks from environmental degradation, such as pollution or destruction of forests.
- Climate-related financial disclosures.
- Progress under the sustainable stock exchanges initiative.
The Roundtable is free-to-attend, so register now before spaces fill up!