UNEP FI, in collaboration with the Finance for Biodiversity Foundation, Finance Montréal, Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the World Bank Group, is co-organising the Finance and Biodiversity Day at COP15.
This parallel event at COP15 will be held on Wednesday, 14th December from 9:00 EST. It is a full-day event dedicated to exploring the relevant linkages between the draft post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework (GBF) and the financial system and economy, and is a unique opportunity for the global financial community to engage in discussion, share perspectives, and communicate on their action, achievements and commitments related to the integration of biodiversity within financial decision-making.
- Opening remarks: making the post 2020 GBF a landmark agreement for financial decision-making (9:00 – 9:15 EST)
- Plenary 1: Depending on nature: protecting biodiversity to address systemic risks for the financial system. Dialogue between financial supervisors and boards (9:15 – 10:15 EST)
- Plenary 2: Leveraging opportunities and overcoming challenges for financial flows alignment and resources mobilization: Greening the finance and financing the green* (10:15 – 11:15 EST)
- Plenary 3: The economic, finance and nature nexus : A conversation with Ministries of Finance (hosted by the World Bank) (11:15 – 12:30 EST)
- Networking lunch (buffet) sponsored by Finance Montreal (12:30 – 14:00 EST)
- Breakout session 1: Mainstreaming biodiversity within public policies – ongoing initiatives and achievements (14:15 – 15:15 EST)
- Breakout session 2: Approaches for tracking, measurement, target setting and disclosures as a means of mainstreaming biodiversity within the organization (14:15 – 15:15 EST)
- Breakout session 3: Developing nature-positive pathways to align financial flows – building on synergies with net zero pathways (15:30 – 16:30 EST)
- Breakout session 4: Innovative solutions for scaling-up investment towards ‘nature-positive’ outcomes (15:30 – 16:30 EST)
- Plenary 4: Transforming finance – A plan of action for successfully implementing the post 2020 Global Biodiversity Framework (17:00 – 18:00 EST)
- Call for action for all financial sector participants to mainstream biodiversity in policies, regulations and financial decisions, and achieve alignment of financial flows from all sources with an ambitious post 2020 GBF** (18:00 – 18:30 EST)
* participation of UNEP FI representative(s)
** co-hosted by UNEP FI
The event is open to all registered delegates to the United Nations Conference on Biodiversity (COP15). You are not required to register in advance, but please confirm your attendance by filling out this form.
If you are not a registered delegate, please watch the live webcast online here.