22 January 2009 | Istanbul, Turkey
The UNEP FI Central and Eastern European Task Force organizes a half-day conference about the importance of environmental and social topics in the financial industry in Turkey. Leading Turkish financial institutions such as TSKB, Işbank and Vakifbank have been invited to present on how they integrate environmental issues into their core business. Experts from UNEP FI’s Task Force in the region will present on new ideas on “green” banking and insurance products as well as best practice in environmental credit risk management. The event provides a unique opportunity for senior and middle level management of financial institutions as well as relevant stakeholders to meet and to get acquainted with current approaches of the financial industry towards environmentally and socially relevant topics. The event is hosted by Yapi Kredi and is kindly supported by REC Turkey, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the United Nations Development Programme in Turkey.
- What is UNEP FI? (PDF: 737 KB)
- Financing Sustainable Development Projects (PDF: 2.0 MB)
Orhan Beskök, Executive Vice President, Türkiye Sinai Kalkinma Bankasi
- First green investment fund in Turkey (PDF: 605 KB)
Gurman Tevfik, PhD., CEO, Is Asset Management
- Environmental Risk Management in Corporate Lending – Sustainable Finance in Turkey (PDF: 1.3 MB)
Sultana Gruber, Environmental Desk/Credit Operations, Bank Austria, Member of Unicredit
- A holistic approach to greening your products – The case of PIRAEUS BANK (PDF: 450 KB)
Vrasidas Zavras, Head of Environmental Department, Piraeus Bank
- Green insurance products – Case study: Insuring environmental impairment liability (PDF: 753 KB)
Constantine Tsolakidis, Assistant Manager, Environment & New Technologies, Interamerican Hellenic Property & Casualty Insurance Co. S.A.
- Environmental and Social Risk Analysis E-Learning Programme (PDF: 207 KB)