|Date joined:||7 January, 2020|
|Initiatives:||Principles for Responsible Banking|
Banque Socredo is the leading bank in French Polynesia. It is 50% owned by the government of French Polynesia, 35% owned by The French Development Agency (AFD) and 15% by the BRED group. For 60 years, Banque Socredo has supported the economic and social development of the country, by providing adapted banking services to individuals, businesses, through its network of agencies across the five archipelagos of French Polynesia.
With the conviction that banks play a crucial role in achieving the sustainable development goals, Banque Socredo has put the subject at the heart of its strategic plan 2019-2023, with a new vision: “The sustainable development, innovative and humane bank”. Banque Socredo aims to be a major force in the sustainable development movement in French Polynesia.
The core dimensions of Banque Socredo’s sustainability strategy are the following:
- Responsible financing: Take into consideration environmental and social issues and concerns in all of our financing activities
- Inclusive banking: Develop and provide adapted products and services to our “fragile” customers
- Support the government’s actions and the sectoral priorities
- Green Products and Services: Provide innovative financial solutions with environmental attributes to our customers
- Improve the health and wellbeing of our employees and their working environment
- Manage and control our environmental footprint
Banque Socredo is committed to enhance its environmental, social and governance practices. By joining the UNEP-FI as a member, the bank has the opportunity to learn and share best practices, to develop and implement its sustainability strategy.