Brief Overview of Organization
Crédit Mutuel Arkéa is a cooperative and collaborative French banking group, made up of the Crédit Mutuel federations of Bretagne and sudOuest and their member local banks, as well as forty specialised subsidiaries, covering all banking and insurance activities.
Crédit Mutuel Arkéa aims to be a banking partner for a world that is conceived in the long term, by putting its overall performance at the service of the real economy, the regions and their players, and the life projects of its 5 million members and customers.
In a constantly changing environment, driven in particular by digital transformation, changing consumer habits and growing environmental concerns, Crédit Mutuel Arkéa remains particularly attentive to the emergence of new businesses and activities, notably by focusing on open partnerships.
Summary of sustainability Strategy
Crédit Mutuel Arkéa plans to be an actor in a world that is conceived in the long term and takes into account the major societal and environmental challenges facing the planet for the next generations. Crédit Mutuel Arkéa contributes to this by practicing a form of sustainable finance that serves the territories and its stakeholders.
Crédit Mutuel Arkéa developed a committed vision of the contribution to society and economic development, with the adoption of its Raison d’être (Purpose). This Raison d’être has been developed in five commitments which form the basis of its long-term strategy:
- Aim for a positive environmental and territorial impact.
- Support each of its stakeholders in their environmental transition.
- Develop territorial cooperation and commit to local vitality.
- Cultivate a lasting relationship of trust with all its members and clients, from the most precarious to the most fragile.
- Encourage the commitment of its employees in the service of the collective interest.
Crédit Mutuel Arkéa’s Raison d’être (Purpose) has been translated into concrete action in its business lines with the medium-term plan (MTP), called Transitions 2024. Validated in January 2021, the plan positions Crédit Mutuel Arkéa as an agile financial partner for the transitions of the future and it aims at strengthening its positive impact. Two of the four major axes of Transitions 2024 concern:
- Expanding the range of positive-impact offers and services. Crédit Mutuel Arkéa intends to support the environmental and social transitions of its stakeholders and enable them to embark on their own transformation. It also means offering products and services that promote inclusion and facilitate access to housing, education and health.
- Promoting and supporting the responsible development of territories. Territories are the essential link in the balance and successful transformation of society. Already very present, Crédit Mutuel Arkéa wishes to further intensify its contribution, notably through financing levers and partnerships.
A roadmap has been drawn up to strengthen the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues into Crédit Mutuel Arkéa financing and investment activities and more generally into all its activities. Crédit Mutuel Arkéa objectives in the fight against global warming are closely aligned with this vision and adopted a climate strategy at the end of 2020, which aims to strengthen its actions in this field.