|Date joined:||18 October, 2019|
|Initiatives:||Net Zero Banking Alliance and Principles for Responsible Banking|
Ibercaja Banco is the eighth largest banking group in Spain and we always aim to offer excellent solutions to the financial needs of our three million clients. Our professionalism, closeness and social and regional commitment are some of the features that distinguish us. For more than 140 years, Ibercaja has remained committed to providing top quality financial services to individuals, institutions, freelancers and SMEs through more than 1,200 branches around the country and our highly professional team, comprised of more than 5,500 employees, or 24 hours a day at ‘Ibercaja Directo’.
Summary of sustainability strategy
Our commitment is to do our best in our jobs and strive to achieve excellence, with the aim to act responsibly and create shared value for our stakeholders. Our Corporative Purpose: “Help people built their life story, because it will be our story”.
As a Bank, we believe it is our responsibility to recognise and undertake commitments in a way that is careful and sensitive towards our environment; to always look to the future proactively by adopting behaviours, strategies and processes that help us improve, considering the direct and indirect impacts we make on the economy, the environment and the society.
Ibercaja Banco, which origins date back to more than 140 years ago, has in its projects and strategy a clear commitment to sustainability, bringing together two closely-related concepts: profitability and social responsibility. It is difficult to add value if not enough resources are generated to allow the Group’s activities to continue. Also, a business will not endure if it does not act ethically and responsibly, proving its solidarity with its surroundings and its respect for the environment.
Ibercaja’s Corporate Social Responsibility Policy shows the strong social commitment of the entity. This Policy establishes an action framework aimed at the enhancement of the social, economic, and environmental conditions of our stakeholders. It is also the basis for the integration of the ESG factors in the bank’s business model.
We develop our strategy by aligning our efforts with the sustainable development goals of the United Nations.
Why the bank has joined UNEP FI as a member
We are truly committed to sustainability and working to move along towards the integration of ESG factors in our strategy and business model. Partnerships like this one, with UNEP FI, help us to move faster and multiplies the benefits on sustainable development.
Link to the latest annual report:
Link to Corporate Responsibility page:
IBERCAJA GROUP COVID-19 MEASURES
Measures For Customers
- Special line of financing to meet the liquidity needs of companies, SMEs and the self-employed. For more information: https://www.ibercaja.com/detalle-sala-de-prensa/noticias/7231
- Advance payment of unemployment benefits to customers to be able to make payments at the beginning of the month. For more information: https://www.ibercaja.com/detalle-sala-de-prensa/noticias/7227
- Advance payment of the pension benefit.
- Fee-free withdrawals made at foreign ATMs throughout the national network.
- Ibercaja Próxima, service provided by specialist figures from the Branch Network, to cover the financial needs of private customers. Personal support to maintain the same levels of closeness, trust and commercial efficiency as usual in Ibercaja, also in a non-face-to-face service. For more information: https://www.ibercaja.com/detalle-sala-de-prensa/noticias/7235
- “Vamos es ir siempre juntos” (Let’s go is always going together) customer communications, providing information on the way to operate in alternative channels to their branch.
- “Decir Vamos” (Say Let’s Go) weekly customer newsletter, which contains information on a different financial need each week and the product that provides coverage.
Measures for Employees
- Ibercaja CONTIGO, a new internal communication channel for employees to even stay connected remotely. An app that provides corporate information, health recommendations, training content and dissemination of Ibercaja’s solidarity initiatives. Because we want to.
- Ibercaja implements all organisational measures to guarantee continuity and ensure the health of employees.
Measures for Suppliers
- Support to Ibercaja suppliers, reducing the payment period of their invoices.
Measures for Society
- Ibercaja Banco and Fundación Ibercaja launch the “VAMOS” (LET’S GO) solidarity platform to help the most vulnerable. For more information: https://www.ibercaja.com/detalle-sala-de-prensa/noticias/7229
- The Ibercaja company + ecosystem transfers its activity to the online environment: training and support for companies to continue serving companies, startups, managers and entrepreneurs at this time. For more information: https://www.ibercaja.com/detalle-sala-de-prensa/noticias/7223
- Campaign providing aid to the Spanish Federation of Food Banks (FESBAL): solidarity drawings. For each drawing uploaded to social media, #vamosesirsiemprejuntos, Ibercaja will donate 1 euro.
- Fundación Ibercaja provides online training and culture: it joins #YoMeQuedoEnCasa, making its cultural, educational, academic and professional guidance resources available to society and the educational community. For more information: https://www.fundacionibercaja.es/contenidos/herramientas-online-de-fundacion-ibercaja
- Fundación ibercaja joins the ##yocedomicoche campaign that involves local dealers providing cars to aid the mobility of health services and home help in the coronavirus crisis. For more information: https://www.fundacionibercaja.es/contenidos/yocedomicoche