Aligned with the very latest IPCC SR15 no/low overshoot pathways, the Protocol is intended to guide the Net-Zero Asset Owner Alliance’s members in setting more ambitious climate targets. The updates to the Protocol include:
- Expansion of asset classes (target setting on infrastructure)
- More ambitious reduction range for sub-portfolio targets
- Doubling high-emission sector coverage
- Key asks for asset managers
- Sovereign debt carbon accounting.
To further contextualize these updates, the Alliance has put together an FAQ document.