Published January 2022
Aligned with the very latest IPCC SR15 no/low overshoot pathways, the Protocol is intended to guide the Net-Zero Asset Owner Alliance’s members in setting more ambitious climate targets. The updates to the Protocol include:
• Expansion of asset classes (target setting on infrastructure)
• More ambitious reduction range for sub-portfolio targets
• Doubling high-emission sector coverage
• Key asks for asset managers
• Sovereign debt carbon accounting.
To further contextualize these updates, the Alliance has put together an FAQ document.