Created May 2021
The taxonomy landscape is evolving quickly in Asia. Here is a snapshot of the status in May 2021.
China (Peoples Bank of China, China Securities & Regulatory Commission (CSRC) and the National Development & Reform Commission (NDRC))
- Green Bond Endorsed Projects Catalogue (updated April 2021)
Updated to better align with international green bonds standards
Lists eligible industries and projects
- China–EU Common Classification Standard for Green Finance (in development for 2021 release)
Malaysia (Bank Negara Malaysia)
- Climate Change and Principle-based Taxonomy (April 2021)
- Climate-focused sustainability taxonomy for the financial sector
- Guiding Principles to assess and categorize economic activities according to the extent to which they meet climate objectives and promote the transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Does not include guidance on sectors, or prescriptions on measurements or thresholds.
Singapore (Task Force Convened by Monetary Authority of Singapore)
- Taxonomy in develoment – Consultation closed in March 2021
Japan (Financial Services Agency, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, and Ministry of the Environment)
- International platform on sustainable finance (2019-)
A multilateral forum of dialogue between policymakers to promote best practices, compare their different initiatives and identify barriers and opportunities of sustainable finance.