The International Labour Organization (ILO) and the United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) published at COP28 a report guiding banks and insurance companies in supporting a just transition to low-carbon, climate-resilient economies. Just Transition Finance: Pathways for Banking and Insurance details key elements helping banks and insurers to become enablers of a just and inclusive transition illustrated by examples of emerging practices.
During this webinar, speakers will present key recommendations from the report, highlight examples of what pioneering banks and insurance companies are already doing, and discuss the challenges and the way forward towards a just transition. Attendees will also have the opportunity to share feedback and ask questions about the report.
Download the report ahead of the webinar here.
- Ekaterina Chubarova, Sustainable Finance and Just Transition Specialist, ILO
- Greg Elliott, Senior Advisor, Citizenship, Co-operators
- Frederike Rijkse, Sr Sustainability Advisor, NN Group
- Lea Zeemans, Responsible Investment Policy Advisor, NN Group
- Simonetta Spavieri, Senior Engagement Analyst, Royal London Asset Management
- Nikki Griffiths, Sustainable Finance and ESG Advisory, Rand Merchant Bank
- Moderator: Joana Pedro, Social and Human Rights Lead, UNEP FI