This webinar will convene members of the PSI Canadian Insurance Industry Task Force and its Social Thematic Working Group. It will feature the launch of the position paper, “Closing the protection gap in Canada: A social sustainability framework for the Canadian life and health insurance industry “, developed by the group. This paper is a first step by the Canadian insurance industry to open the discussion and dialogue about climate change adaptation considerations and the role that the insurance industry can take to help individuals, especially the most vulnerable.
- Shawna Peddle, Associate Vice President Sustainability and Citizenship, Co-operators
- Maude-Marie Dorval, Chef de Produit, Desjardins
- Andrea Stuska, Environment, Government and Industry Relations, TD Insurance
- Moira Gill, Associate Vice-President of Environment, Government & Industry Relations, TD Insurance
- Butch Bacani, Programme Leader, UN Environment Programme’s Principles for Sustainable Insurance Initiative