Ahead of the IMF/World Bank Annual Meeting and the 27th Session of the Conference of the Parties to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP 27), this forum elevated the topic of blended finance to decision makers at the highest level, without whom progress is impossible.
The agenda included a keynote address by Selwin Hart, UN Special Adviser to the Secretary-General on Climate Action and Just Transition, and panel discussion between the following speakers:
- Dr. Andrea Hauser, Member of the Management Committee, KfW
- Marc-André Blanchard, Executive Vice-President and Global Head of Sustainability, CDPQ
- Magnus Billing, CEO, Alecta
- Chris Clubb, Managing Director, Convergence Blended Finance
- Nick O’Donohoe, CEO, British International Investment
- Günther Thallinger, Allianz SE Board Member and Chair, UN-convened Net-Zero Asset Owner Alliance.