UNEP FI, in collaboration with the Green for Growth Fund Technical Assistance Facility (GGF TAF) will deliver a series of online workshops on Climate Risk Management and TCFD for the partner financial institutions of the Green for Growth Fund (GGF). The workshops will be held in form of the dedicated sessions below:
- Workshops for GGF partner financial institutions in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA): Postponed. New dates will be announced soon.
- Workshops for GGF partner financial institutions in all other countries: 29 November and 8 December, 15:00-17:00 CEST
The series of workshops will cover the following modules:
- Risks and opportunities associated with Climate Change and the potential impacts of Climate Change on financial institutions’ business portfolios.
- The path to a more sustainable and resilient financial system to the impacts of Climate Change: the role of different market players, and international experience.
- Recent developments in climate regulation and an overview of climate stress testing efforts.
- TCFD recommendations for different market players. Recent developments in the process of implementing these recommendations. Challenges and transition plans.
- TCFD Pilot Project for Banks: Discussion of results, recommendations, and best practice guidance.
- Raise awareness around climate risks, management & reporting among financial sector representatives.
- Gain an introductory understanding of both physical and transition risks in the areas where the institutions operate.
- Identify the necessary changes in the strategic management and structuring of financial institutions’ business portfolios.
- Consider risks and opportunities for financial institutions based on the need to address the consequences of climate change.
- Risk managers
- Credit specialists
- Corporate lending officers
- Relationship managers
- E&S managers, Climate experts
- Other relevant representatives of financial institutions
Geographies and languages:
- Workshops for MENA: English with simultaneous translation to Arabic
- Workshops for all other GGF countries: English
Number of participants and certificate of attendance:
30 participants in each training session.
Participants who actively participate in the workshop sessions and submit all course assignments will receive a certificate of attendance from UNEP FI and its partners at the end of the training.
These workshop sessions will be followed by a dedicated course on climate risk management and TCFD which UNEP FI and GGF TAF will implement for GGF partner financial institutions over the course of 2023.
Please contact Carolina Yazmín López for any additional information or question.
This project is supported by the Technical Assistance Facility of the Green for Growth Fund (GGF TAF). The Project is funded with the assistance of the European Union under the EU4Energy Initiative. The contents are the sole responsibility of UNEP FI and can in no way be taken to reflect the official opinion of the European Union.