The Technical Assistance Facility of the Green for Growth Fund (GGF TAF) and UNEP FI are joining forces to provide an in-depth online training focused on Climate Risk Management and TCFD for the partner financial institutions of the Green for Growth Fund (GGF). This comprehensive training programme serves as a continuation of the series of awareness raising workshops conducted in 2022 and 2023 for GGF partner institutions, and is tailored to the regions served by GGF.
The course will be delivered through online lectures and five interactive webinars, allowing participants to engage and gain practical knowledge. Its primary objective is to assist GGF partner financial institutions in implementing climate risk analysis, management, and disclosures. The course is offered under the GGF Green Academy initiative.
The training will take place from 25 September to 30 November 2023 and will cover 30 hours of instruction.
The training will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to the main climate risks, including physical and transition risks, and their impact on financial institutions’ business portfolios
- Adaptation and mitigation measures that would be necessary to reduce vulnerabilities in different economic activities across countries
- TCFD recommendations applicable to the different agents of the financial system
- Importance of knowledge dissemination process, transparency and access to information related to climate change; sharing experiences gained by important UNEP FI member entities in climate change management
- Discussion of best practices in climate risk analysis and management of climate change – including stress tests, scenario analysis, etc – across financial institutions based on the experiences gathered by the banks globally in the different business segments
- Provide key concepts on climate change, climate financing, and the TCFD Recommendations
- Explore why and how these issues could be integrated to policies, practices, risk analysis, and investment decisions of an entity
- Discuss methodologies and case studies on how to implement TCFD Recommendations
- Analyze the importance of potential climate financial risks (and opportunities) and impacts of climate change on financial institutions, and NGFS/TCFD recommendations
- Support participants to build their climate risks indicators in their organizations according to the Network for Greening the Financial System (NGFS) and TCFD recommendations
The following individuals can apply for the course from GGF partner financial institutions:
- Risk managers
- Credit specialists
- Corporate lending officers
- Relationship managers
- E&S managers, Climate experts
- Other relevant representatives of GGF partner financial institutions
please fill in the registration form here and select “September” under course edition and specify “GGF TAF” under “I found out about the course through”. Please note that the deadline for registration is 30 August 2023.
Number of participants
40 participants. Participants who actively participate in the online course and submit all course assignments will receive a certificate of attendance from UNEP FI and GGF TAF at the end of the training.
Please contact Carolina Yazmín López for any additional information or question.
This project is supported by the Technical Assistance Facility of the Green for Growth Fund (GGF TAF). The Project is funded with the assistance of the European Union under the EU4Energy Initiative. The contents are the sole responsibility of UNEP FI and can in no way be taken to reflect the official opinion of the European Union.