In collaboration with the Green for Growth Fund Technical Assistance Facility (GGF TAF), UNEP FI will provide an in-depth training focused on Climate Risk Management and TCFD. This comprehensive training program serves as a continuation of the series of awareness raising workshops conducted on 14 March and 20 March 2023 for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, as well as on 29 November and 8 December 2022 for the South-East Europe, European Eastern Neighborhood regions.
The course will be delivered online and structured with case study, forum discussion, quiz and interactive webinars, allowing participants to engage and gain practical knowledge. Its primary objective is to assist GGF partner financial institutions in implementing and conducting TCFD-responsive assessments and disclosures.
The training will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to the main climate risks including physical and transition risks and their impact on financial institutions’ business portfolios.
- Adaptation and mitigation measures that would be necessary to reduce vulnerabilities in different economic activities across countries.
- TCFD recommendations applicable to the different agents of the financial system.
- Importance of knowledge dissemination process, transparency and access to information related to climate change and sharing experiences gained by important UNEP FI member entities in climate change management.
- Discussion of best practices in implementation and management of climate change across financial institutions based on the experience gathered by the main commercial banks globally in the different business segments.
- Provide key concepts on climate change, climate financing, and the TCFD Recommendations.
- Explore why and how these issues could be integrated to policies, practices, and investment decisions of an entity.
- Discuss methodologies and case studies on how to implement TCFD Recommendations.
- Analyze the importance of potential climate financial risks (and opportunities) and impacts of climate change and NGFS/TCFD recommendations.
- Support participants to build their climate risks indicators in their organizations according to the NGFS and TCFD recommendations.
- Risk managers
- Credit specialists
- Corporate lending officers
- Relationship managers
- E&S managers, Climate experts
- Other relevant representatives of financial institutions
please fill in the registration form here and select “September” under course edition and specify “GGF TAF” under “I found out about the course through”.
Number of participants:
40 participants in total
Participants who actively participate in the 3-week online course and submit all course assignments will receive a certificate of attendance from UNEP FI and its partners at the end of the training.
Please contact Carolina Yazmín López for any additional information or question.
This project is supported by the Technical Assistance Facility of the Green for Growth Fund (GGF TAF). The Project is funded with the assistance of the European Union under the EU4Energy Initiative. The contents are the sole responsibility of UNEP FI and can in no way be taken to reflect the official opinion of the European Union.