A leadership series convened by UNEP FI’s Principles for Sustainable Insurance Initiative and the UN Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) to set the global agenda for nature-positive insurance.
The series will highlight the key role of the insurance industry in addressing nature-related issues and will count with the participation of experts and practitioners covering the following topics:
- The state of nature and the Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework
- The links between nature and the insurance industry’s risk management, insurance and investment activities
- Embedding nature in sustainability risk management frameworks
- State-of-the-art tools to assess nature-related risks
- Insuring nature
- Investing in nature
- Nature, insurance and the SDGs: Target setting
- Disclosure and emerging regulatory and supervisory thinking
- Day 1 (29 Sept) | The global goal for nature and why it matters to the insurance industry
- Day 2 (30 Sept) | Managing nature-related risks: Emerging practices in the insurance industry
- Day 3 (20 Oct) | Insuring and investing in nature: Innovative solutions and new opportunities
- Day 4 (21 Oct) | Next key actions to advance nature-positive insurance
We would like to thank the Italian Ministry of Environment and Energy Security for supporting the UN system’s contribution to a green and inclusive recovery by harnessing the power of financial systems to support the SDG Decade of Action, access of developing countries to sustainable finance and Multilateral Environmental Agreements.