12 July 2021
United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) is seeking a professional education body to develop an online learning academy – the Responsible Banking Academy – to support implementation of the Principles for Responsible Banking. The education body will support implementation of UNEP FI’s training strategy through the development and delivery of online learning courses covering the key areas of knowledge and understanding relating to sustainability required by staff in financial institutions, whether they are signatories of the PRB or are aspiring to be signatories.
Initially, it is expected that the academy will develop four courses each of roughly 10-20 hours self-directed e-learning. The precise specification and requirements will be discussed during the application process.
The partner body will be accredited by UNEP FI, there will be no formal partnership agreement in place beyond this recognition.
Applicant bodies should:
- be regulated by a national education regulator;
- be operating in the banking market with materials on sustainable finance;
- have a fully operational online learning delivery platform, populated with courses in sustainable finance.
Organisations must also have experience of:
- delivering online learning to individuals studying in banks;
- delivering education at scale (i.e. in excess of 5k learners per annum);
- managing relationships with banks and other financial services organisations;
- delivering education within regulated frameworks;
- delivering education in the developing world.
In addition to the above, it is a requirement that the organization is not for profit.
This is an opportunity to run an accredited academy. There is no set up funding available. Income will be generated by fees charged for the courses.
Expressions of Interest Required
At this point, UNEP FI wishes to receive expressions of interest from not for profit bodies who are interested in creating and running the Academy.
If your organisation is interested, please register your interest below, providing details of how your organisation fulfils the requirements above. Upon receipt of expressions of interest, UNEP FI will hold discussions with interested bodies to discuss and scope requirements. This will then be followed by a formal selection process.
Closing Date for Expressions of Interest is Friday, 6 August 2021.