Tuesday, 5 December 2017 | 16:00 – 17:30 (CET)
The webinar, organized jointly by Agence française de développement, the Inter-American Development Bank and UNEP Finance Initiative, will take a glimpse into the current landscape of standards and practices related to indigenous peoples’ rights and stakeholder engagement, with a focus on the free, prior and informed consent principle. It will also consider barriers to the principle implementation and solutions to address them. It will be set up as a platform of knowledge exchange between industry representatives and human rights experts working with indigenous groups and on stakeholder engagement in business.
- A global overview of the status of free, prior and informed consent implementation as part of a meaningful stakeholder engagement process: from standards affecting the industry to implementation from a right-holder perspective
- Practice-sharing and insights from public and private financial institutions on engaging with indigenous peoples and communities, with a focus on the free, prior and informed consent principle implementation
- Ariel Meyerstein, Senior Vice President, Corporate Sustainability Program Citi, United States
- Emmanuelle Bru, Manager, Stakeholder Dialogue and Human Rights, BNP Paribas, France
- Juan Antonio Martinez Legaria, Social Practice Leader, Environmental and Social Unit, Inter-American Development Bank
- Sabina Timco, Human Rights and Social Issues Lead, UNEP FI (moderator)
Download the full agenda here.