73% of projects in the oil and gas sector are being operated near a Key Biodiversity Area or protected area, putting biodiversity at risk. Decision-makers working and investing in extractive sectors need to address the threat to conservation efforts and ecosystem services. What solutions are available to help them navigate this complex environment?
RepRisk and Integrated Biodiversity Assessment Tool (IBAT) teamed up to develop a new solution that examines biodiversity risk by showing a project’s proximity to environmentally sensitive sites, rolling insights up to owner and operator companies to help identify, quantify, and mitigate ESG risks.
In this session, experts from RepRisk, IBAT, and World Business Council For Sustainable Development (WBCSD) will share how geospatial data can be used to:
- Understand nature impacts across business operations and supply chains
- Identify and mitigate nature-related financial risks across portfolios
- Align strategies with nature-related frameworks including TNFD
- Anne de Chastonay, Business Analyst, Innovation Hub, RepRisk
- Ed Ellis, Business Manager, IBAT
- Moderator: Tom Williams, Senior Director, Nature Action & Member of the Extended Leadership Group, WBCSD