Setting clear and specific targets for the advancement of gender equality will enable banks to make substantial contributions to the equality of women in our societies. It also presents an opportunity for banks to align their portfolios with society’s goals as set out in international frameworks such as the Beijing Declaration and Sustainable Development Goal 5 (Gender equality) as well as national or regional frameworks that may provide more details of a country’s goals and strategy for contributing to, and advancing, gender equality.
This webinar will present UNEP FI’s work in close collaboration with UN Women to support banks to become more gender-conscious. It will look into a new framework for action to set the right foundations for systemic work on gender equality, setting clear definitions and metrics and the best course of action to allow financial institutions to contribute to achieving gender equality worldwide.
The webinar will also provide an update on the Taskforce on Nature Related Financial Disclosures (TNFD) Framework, with specific suggestions on how to incorporate a gender lens in financing nature-based solutions.
- Anna Fälth, Head, Women’s Empowerment Principles Secretariat, UN Women
- Jemimah Njuki, Chief of the Economic Empowerment section, UN Women
- Abimbola Agbejule, Corporate Sustainability Head, Wema Bank
- Joana Pedro, Social and Human Rights Lead, UNEP Finance Initiative
- Laura Diaz Zea, Financial Health & Inclusion Specialist, UNEP Finance Initiative