UNEP FI is thrilled to introduce its new Methodology on implementation and reporting for Signatories to the Sustainable Blue Economy Finance Principles. Developed in collaboration with SBEFI members and supporting institutions, and alignment with global frameworks for impact management and target-setting, this methodology offers a comprehensive framework and practical insights for financial institutions to implement the UNEP FI Turning the Tide and Diving Deep sector guidance within their activities. It enables institutions to set targets that align with this guidance and support the transition to a Sustainable Blue Economy, in line with the objectives of the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework and the Paris Agreement. Join this discussion to learn how banks, insurers, and investors can drive the transition to a Sustainable Blue Economy!
- Jessica Smith Co-head of Nature, UNEP FI (TBC)
- Lucy Holmes, Senior Director of Blue Finance, WWF US (TBC)
- Klaas de Vos, Founder, Ocean Fox Advisory
- Louise Hall, Loss Prevention & Corporate Responsibility Director, Shipowners Club
- Emily Claire Mackey, ESG Engagement Associate, Rockefeller Capital Management (TBC)
- Increase awareness and understanding of the importance of blue finance, emphasizing how target-setting for financial institutions is engrained in the sustainable blue economy.
- Introduce the sustainable blue economy target-setting methodology for financial institutions.
- Showcase case studies of financial institutions implementing the target-setting methodology launched.