As climate risk has become an issue of regulatory and strategic importance, a range of tools and methodologies for assessment have been developed. On March 31st, UNEP FI is releasing two reports that will help the financial sector adopt and apply climate risk tools to their portfolios.
The first report is an extension to our Landscape Review of Climate Risk tools. This report features over a dozen case studies documenting the actual experiences of financial institutions in applying different tools. It also covers the latest trends in tool development and areas for further attention.
The second report focuses on the measurement of climate transition risks for Real Estate. In conjunction with the experts at Carbon Risk Real Estate Monitor (CRREM), UNEP FI and participating financial institutions explored this critical topic. The report features outputs from the CRREM tool and key steps in mitigating transition risks in Real Estate.
- David Carlin, TCFD Programme Lead, UNEP FI
- Tamara Luisce, Senior Advisor for Climate Change, Desjardins
- Prof., Dr. Sven Bienert, REV MRICS, Institute for Real Estate Economics (IIÖ)
- Julia Wien, Associate, Institute for Real Estate Economics (IIÖ)
- Calvin Lee Kwan, Head of Sustainability & Risk Governance, Link Reit