The Corporate Impact Analysis Tool helps banks and investors gain a cross-cutting view of the impact status and possibilities of their clients and investee companies. Based on the Positive Impact Initiative’s unique approach, it provides a holistic analysis of companies’ impacts across different sectors and countries.
- Download the Tool here
- The Tool is a “live tool” that actively incorporates user feedback; we recommend that you frequently check the website for updates to ensure you have the latest version.
The analysis is divided into three parts:
- Identification of significant impact areas, based on company typology, geography and sectors of activity
- Assessment of the company’s impact performance and impact management capabilities
- Monitoring of the company’s significant impact areas, performance and management capabilities over time
The findings of the Tool are intended to help users manage their portfolios, set and meet impact targets, and ultimately become more effective at managing impact-related risks and opportunities in close collaboration with their clients and investee companies. It is also anticipated that the Tool may be used by corporates themselves as a contribution to strategic planning and business development.
The development process of this Tool was conducted over a period of 12 months through a Positive Impact Initiative Working Group made up of banks, investors and service providers.
- Download the demo version of the Tool here
- Watch the recordings of the launch webinars, which include a live demo here
What do you envisage will be the main use cases for the Tool?
There are multiple use-cases for the Tool. Its original purpose was to enable banks and investors to gain a holistic understanding of their client and investee companies’ impact status and possibilities so that they might become active partners in the transition to a more impactful and impact-driven economy. With or without specific products such as SL Loans or SDG bonds being associated. In practice, we now envisage that corporates themselves might make use of the tool for self-assessment and strategic planning. We also think the Tool methodology and data points might helpfully inform the ongoing refinement of disclosure standards, frameworks and policies.
Is the Tool applicable to all types of companies?
Yes, although it is currently best suited to larger companies than to SMEs. All sectors are covered.
Are you using the Corporate Impact Analysis Tool? What has your experience been like? Share your feedback with the UNEP FI Secretariat and check the website regularly for updates! The adjustments will be listed so you can keep track of what is changing.
- Careen Abb, Programme Lead – email@example.com
- Costanza Ghera, Content Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © United Nations Environment Programme, 2022
The conclusions derived by users regarding their most significant Impact Areas and areas of priorities are their own. Only the Tool methodology can be attributed to UNEP FI.