UNEP FI’s Positive Impact Initiative explores solutions to the financing gap for sustainable development and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Initiative helps move the financial sector towards a more thorough and deeper integration of impact analysis in decision-making. This improved understanding of impacts will ultimately also drive more impactful business models and investments.
Via the Principles for Positive Impact Finance, our lenders and investors and a range of stakeholders build on existing impact frameworks to develop guidance and tools for holistic impact analysis across a range of financing instruments.
We are also engaging with the public sector to explore impact-based requests for proposals which can stimulate the private sector to develop impact-based business models.
The initiative is championed by a core group of UNEP FI Members and a wide group of other stakeholders in the public and private sectors.
- Understand what we mean by Rethinking Impact
- Download our flyer to learn more about our work and read our FAQ
- Read our Positive Impact Manifesto, calling for a new financing approach for sustainable development
- Join the growing community of actors engaged in the most significant evolution of finance and see who’s involved
- Follow Positive Impact news on Twitter: @UNEP_FI #positiveimpactnews
- Sign up for Positive Impact Updates
“Previous sector-focused policy-making or a goal-by-goal approach will not achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development or its SDGs. Stronger integrated planning, strategic thinking and policy integration will be crucial for Governments to define the best SDG implementation mix at the local level.”
“Repositioning the UN development system to deliver on the 2030 Agenda – Ensuring a Better Future for All: Report of the Secretary-General”, July 2017